From: Chad Jones [mailto:cmjones@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 6:24 PM
To: AF Reflector (E-mail)
Subject: [802.3af] comment #323

Colleagues: I am having a hard time word-smithing the correct text for this comment.  I don't think Geoff's response does a significantly better job of clarifying than the original text.  Please submit some possible changes to the text to resolve this comment.  Thanks.

-----------

CommentID:  323

CommenterName:  Thompson, Geoff

CommenterEmail:  thompson@xxxxxxxx

CommenterPhone:  408 495 1339

CommenterFax:

CommenterCo:  Nortel Networks

Clause:  33

Subclause:  33.2.1.3

Page:  39

Line:  3

CommentType:  E

Comment:

The text:  "A PSE device may provide power via one of two valid four-wire connections. In each four-wire connection, the two wires associated with a pair carry the same nominal current in each conductor."

does not specifically differentiate between a phantom circuit and two unbalanced circuits. I would prefer that the text more specifically denote our use of a phantom circuit.

CommentEnd:

SuggestedRemedy:

How about:

"A PSE device may provide power via one of two valid four-wire connections. In each four-wire connection, the two conductors associated with a pair each carry the same nominal current in both magnitude and polarity."

...or I am open to suggestion.

RemedyEnd:

Response:

ResponseEnd:

CommentStatus:  X

ResponseStatus:  O

Topic:

CreateDate:  1/3/2003

LastModDate:  1/3/2003

DispatchDate:

WrittenDate:

Accept_RejectDate:

Closed_UnsatisfDate:

VoterStatus:

Chad Jones                                    cmjones@xxxxxxxxx

Hardware Engineer                        Phone: 330-664-7818

WNBU Engineering                        Fax: 330-664-7990

Cisco Systems

320 Springside Drive

Suite 350

Akron, OH 44333-4500                  www.cisco.com