Re: [STDS-802-11-ARC] ARC meeting during 802.11 plenary week?

--- This message came from the IEEE 802.11 ARC Reflector ---

I agree … and it will require a presentation from a “knowledgeable” TGbe expert to summarize what their thoughts currently are:^)))

RR

From: *** 802.11 Architecture Standing Committee *** [mailto:STDS-802-11-ARC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joseph Levy
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:12 PM
To: STDS-802-11-ARC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-11-ARC] ARC meeting during 802.11 plenary week?

Hi Mark and All,

While I agree that most of the current ARC topics seem to lack urgency.

I am concerned about the TGbe multi-link (ML) architecture may impact the overall 802/802.11 architecture.  I think it may be worth some time for the ARC SC to review current ML architectural proposals and provide input to TGbe on any potential impacts they may have on the overall 802/802.11 architecture.  I think the perspective of the ARC SC may provide some helpful input to allow TGbe to make decisions regarding the ML architecture.  Waiting until TGbe finalizes their approach and then providing criticism of the chosen approach will not be helpful, nor have a high probability of success changing the approach.  Hence, it is best to provide input early in the process.

Therefore, I think it may be beneficial to have a ML architecture discussion in the ARC SC, assuming we can get the interested parties and experts to participate.  This doesn’t have to be in concert with the plenary week, but in my view it should be soon (before August) – before TGbe finalizes their approach to ML.

Regards,

Joseph