Re: [STDS-802-11-TGAI] [Feedback due Fri March 29th, 12pm EDT] Call for offline comments on 802.11ai documents re representation of "Higher-Layer Objects" and "Large Objects", and processing during FILS authentication scheme

> [This reiterates my earlier request for comments, made during the Thu
> pm2 session of TGai last wee in Orlando]
>
> Dear colleagues:
>
> Hereby, I would like to request constructive feedback on the mechanisms
> presented in document 13/201r5 and those specified in 13/311r0.

Comments:
 - overall too complicated.
 - IE reordering is not a requirement or useful and adds
    considerable complexity to the write-up, please remove.
 - the concept of a "conceptual object" is obtuse.  Please rename to add clarity
 - Not sure why Conceptual Object is even needed?   Why not just write about the IEs that are
    being protected?
 - 8.4.1a.2 .... Conversion???   Inverse Mapping?  (see first comment)
 - could/should rewrite to:
    1) encrypted IE's must be contiguous in MSDU prior to protection
    2) use a series (1 or more) protected IE type to contain protected blocks.
		- series of contiguous protected IES provide means to send larger IEs
             - IEs being protected do not have to be in single protected IE
             - note ... at this point, we could actually provide an abstraction for
               IEs that are much larger that would be contained in the fragmented
               protected IEs.
     3) uncertain about key exchange - please provide reference and direct
        mapping to NIST or other specification.  WE should be using directly
        existing mechanisms where possible.
     4) use of CCMP and fixed nonce is a very bad idea.
     5) "11.11.2.7.3 Output Transformation (Re-order Recovered Plaintext if Applicable)
	Parse the output string A1 || P || A2 and re-order IEs that are out of
       order (thereby not reordering IEs with the same Element ID)."
       - above is unnecessary and is example of unneeded complexity.
         IE's are order independent.

Note - will not be on the AI conference call April 16th (have conflicts).

Hope this helps,

Paul