[STDS-802-11-TGM] External comment on Annex G.3 of 802.11-2020

Hi all,

We received external comments on two potential issues with Annex G.3 of 802.11-2020. I know that there are on-going discussions in the ARC SC. While that is going on in parallel, I would like to discuss how we might want to handle what looks like typos in Annex G.

I'd like to initiate a reflector discussion before give this issue agenda time.

Thanks,

Mike

Here are the comments:

"While reading the 802.11-2020 standard, I have two questions as below about Annex G.3.

I am confused about them and not sure whether there are typos in it or my understanding is wrong.

1.

In the line highlighted in green shown above, it seems that a pair of parentheses is missing.

The suggested version could be as following (The parentheses supposed to be added are highlighted in yellow)

( [CTS] 1{(Data +group [+QoS] ) | (Management +broadcast) +pifs}) |

2.

I think the highlighted |in green shown above should be removed.

Regarding the two points mentioned above, could you please confirm whether they are typos or they are correct indeed?

If two typos are confirmed, I suggest the next official version of 802.11 adopt the updates for those typos."