stds-802-16-tg1: approval of IEEE Standard 802.16/Conformance01-2003

At its meeting today, the IEEE-SA Standards Board approved, as IEEE
Standard 802.16/Conformance01-2003, the submitted draft P1802.16.1/D3
("IEEE Standard for Conformance to IEEE Standard 802.16 - Part 1:
Protocol Implementation Conformance Statements for 10-66 GHz
WirelessMAN-SC[TM] Air Interface").

Congratulations to Ken Stanwood (Task Group Chair) and Carl Eklund
(Editor)! This 164-page document took a lot of time and attention to
detail.

This becomes the fifth standard to be completed by 802.16, and the
third standalone standard:

    (1) IEEE Std 802.16+802.16a+802.16c
    (2) IEEE Std 802.16.2
    (3) IEEE Std 802.16/Conformance01

The project was completed on an efficient schedule, beating the
submission deadline projected in the PAR (which was itself approved
less than ten months ago). To see how this was done, take a look at
the schedule <http://ieee802.org/16/tgc/C1/schedule.html>.

I have updated the web site appropriately.

We will work with IEEE-SA to have IEEE Std 802.16/Conformance01-2003
published soon, but I don't yet have a projected publication date.

Cheers!

Roger