stds-802-16-tg2: Re: Comment 132

>Comment 132 had been rejected and a note said "Awaiting input". The
>input was received from Remi, but has not been checked by Barry who
>was responsible for the comment (but he is in France at a meeting).
>
>I have just now inserted that new section in the comment resolution.
>I think we should include it so that the original commenter can see
>it (even in draft form pending review by Barry).
>
>Muya

Muya,

Sorry I overlooked this email from you before I started the ballot.

This will have to be submitted in Letter Ballot #2. Anyway, that
makes more sense, since it should come in as a comment, not as a
resolution to a comment.

Roger

"Complete section as ""D.3 Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC)
""with text as follows: ""The Radio Advisory Board of Canada (RABC)
has also conducted technical studies dealing operator-to-operator
coordination issues. A paper was issued as an input to the Industry
Canada regulation.

This paper entitled  "RABC Pub. 99.2: RABC Study Leading to a
Coordination Process for Systems in the 24, 28 and 38 GHz Bands
recommends a coordination process using the distance as first trigger
and two spectral pfd levels that trigger different actions by the
operators.

If the boundary of two service areas is within 60 km of each other,
then the co-ordination process is invoked. Two spectral pfd levels
are proposed for co-ordination. The first one, level 'A', represents
a minimal interference scenario where either licensed operator does
not require co-ordination. A second level, 'B', typically 20 dB
higher than 'A', represents a trigger for two possible categories: if
the interference is above A but below B, then co-ordination is
required with existing systems only. If the interference is greater
than level B, then co-ordination is required for both existing and
planned systems. The table below summarises spectral pfd levels A and
B for the three frequency bands.

Table D.2 - Proposed spectral pfd levels in the 24, 28 and 38 GHz bands
Frequency Band (GHz) spectral pfd Level A(dBW/m2 in any 1 MHz)
spectral pfd Level B(dBW/m2 in any 1 MHz)
24 -114 -94
28 -114 -94
38 -125 -105

The much lower spectral pfd levels at 38 GHz are to ensure protection
to point-to-point systems allowed in this band in Canada. The
coordination procedure is summarized in the Figure D-1 - Coordination
Process Recommended in RABC paper.(Figure to be inserted)

The paper can be found at
http://www.rabc.ottawa.on.ca/english/pubs.cfm and shows how the
values were derived.
"