stds-802-16-tg4: Call for input - Data Encoding

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to receive input on the Data Encoding ASAP. As we
discussed, this section contains:
1. Data randomizer (scrambler)
2. FEC
3. Interleaving
Since we did not reach an agreement on these choices and based on Sanjay
recommendation, we have to include all the proposed/discussed methods in
this section. Since FEC and interleaving are strongly related each
other, I would suggest organizing the section as follows:

4. Data Encoding
4.1. Data randomizer
4.1.1. Method 1 - As in 802.11a
4.1.2. Method 2 - As in DVB
4.2. Encoding and interleaving
4.2.1. Method 1 - Convolutional
4.2.1.1. Convolutional encoder
4.2.1.2. Interleaving
4.2.2. Method 2 - Concatenated RS and convolutional w/ tail biting
4.2.2.1. RS encoder
4.2.2.2. Convolutional encoder
4.2.2.3. Interleaving
4.2.3. Method 3 - Block turbo codes
4.2.3.1. Block turbo encoder
4.2.3.2. Interleaving
4.2.4. Method 4 - Convolutional turbo codes
4.2.4.1. Convolutional turbo encoder
4.2.4.2. Interleaving

I can review the randomizer (4.1.1.) and the convolutional part (i.e.
4.2.1) which unfortunately are the only ones present in the current
draft) but I would need submissions on the other topics.

I am especially interested in getting detailed input from people that
proposed the methods (i.e. Yossi and Brian) but other people can also
submit.

Thank you very much in advance,

Octavian Sarca
Redline Communications Inc.