Re: [RPRWG] CRC check in each node?

Perhaps I'm missing something and someone can enlighten me on this
point, but this discussion has been very focussed on the payload
protection and NOT on the effects of header corruption.  If the header
gets corrupted, the packet must get dropped on the ring.  For short
payloads, the header might be a significant fraction of the total packet
size, and hence a significant fraction of errored packets may not be
able to make it to the end station.

So what is the point of counting SOME of the packet drops (on a
per-address/customer basis) at the end station?

                                                                Earl