[RPRWG] Sunday hike

For those of you saving money by traveling to Portland on Saturday,
there is a (very loosely organized) Sunday activity.  A couple of weeks
ago, the New York Times travel section had an article about hiking on
the Eagle Creek Trail near Mount Hood, which is about an hour's drive
East of Portland.  Four of us are currently planning to go, but if
additional people would like to join us, you can contact me (directly,
please, not via the reflector).  ...or, you can just show up at the
start of the trail at 10:30AM on Sunday morning.  We will wait a while
(say till 11AM) for stragglers, and then start walking.  Directions to
the trail and a description of the hike are posted at on the meeting
page
http://www.ieee802.org/17/documents/presentations/jul2001/jul_2001_presentations.htm
(special pre-plenary activity) or directly in the .pdf
http://www.ieee802.org/17/documents/presentations/jul2001/hike.pdf

Take I-84 East from Portland to exit 41.  The start of the trail is
between the Bonneville Dam and the town of Cascade Locks, at the Eagle
Creek Campground.  As suggested in the .pdf, you can stop at the
Multnomah Falls Lodge, just off I-84 at exit 31, to get a map and
parking permit, and to make sure my directions are correct.

We will hike only part of the trail, as it is long.  I suggest some
reasonable walking/hiking shoes, a light rain pancho, a day pack for
drinks and sandwiches, sunscreen, and bug spray.  I will have a GPS.

So, let me know if you want to join, or you can just show up.

Bob