[RPRWG] Terms and Definitions Revision 3 posted

Revision 3 of the 802.17 Terms and Definitions document (bs_defs_03.pdf,
bs_defs_03.doc).from the T&D Ad Hoc has been posted with the July
presentation materials
http://www.ieee802.org/17/documents/presentations/jul2001/jul_2001_presentations.htm
Discussion of the document (and other T&D issues) is on the agenda for
Monday at 14:45.  Please review the document before the meeting.
Comments can be posted to the main reflector or the T&D reflector.

Some terms are listed with multiple definitions.  In these cases, the
definitions are numbered.  Where a particular definition is preferred,
it has been underlined.  It would likely take much time to choose among
multiple correct definitions in the general meeting.  I'd suggest that
we eliminate definitions that are incorrect, but allow multiple correct
definitions.  When a term is first used in discussion or in a document,
the user should declare which definition is referenced (or a new
definition is proposed).  A specific alternative can then be voted.
This will eliminate discussion about terms that are not used.

Some definitions have been enclosed in angle brackets <>.  These are
viewed as non-essential, but I didn't want to eliminate them from the
document.  In order to speed discussion, we could initially ignore the
bracketed terms, considering them only if there is time available.

There will be a meeting of the Terms and Definitions Ad Hoc at 9AM on
Monday (agenda indicates 8AM, but we will start at 9AM).  Location will
be posted at the registration desk.  This meeting is open to all 802.17
working group participants (not just those who signed up for the T&D
working group).  The primary objective of the meeting is the framing of
motions related to the T&D document.  The remaining time can be used to
discuss content of the document and other issues.

Bob