Re: [802.21] [Mipshop] Re: Architectural Considerations for Handover InformationServices (was: Re: CARD Discussion Query Discussion)

Title:
Ajoy,

Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1 wrote:

Hi Subir,

Sure scope of 802.21 is broader than existing mobility protocol. Who is denying that?

     But it does not seem to be true given the current discussion.

Btw, no one is opposed to the possibility of enhancing any mobility protocol or defining new protocol if required.

     Agree.

Also, what is wrong about sharing view of 802.21 when MIPSHOP is going to define a protocol that would cater need of

802.21 itself?

     Nothing wrong in sharing the view.  But do we need to  mention the straw poll result to establish our  technical reasoning?

Also, please note that there was question about XML versus TLV encoding in MIPSHOP discussion.

     I  have read the thread. I think  people in Mipshop do not know the scope of .21. We (.21 members) need to do a better
     job  there .

    Regards,
    -Subir

Straw poll was mentioned in that context. See below the email thread.

Regards,

Ajoy