RE: [802.21] Update on SAPs

Hello Vivek,

Could you elaborate the above mentioned generic link layer?
In my first understanding only with above description, it seems like
an **abstract** link layer which hides the different features of
underlying link layers.
Therefore, this MIH_LINK_SAP is changed to a kind of media independent
SAP, not a media dependent SAP.
BTW, current D4 defines this MIH_LINK_SAP as a media dependent SAP for
802.11.
Let me make one more question to clearly understand the exact
definition.
What's the relationship between the generic link layer and media
specific *real* link layer?

> There can be media specific changes/enhancements because of
> definition of MIH_LINK_SAP. These would be identified as new
> events/commands etc.
> that need to be defined for different link layer
> technologies. These would be reflected as changes to:
> 1] MLME_SAP: for 802.11
> 2] C_SAP/M_SAP: for 802.16
> 3] MIH_3GLINK_SAP: for 3GPP/3GPP2 (to be updated)

Thus, you're suggesting the amendment of the section 7 of the current
draft/D4?

> There were some ideas presented along these lines in last
> meeting at Vancouver as well.

Could you kindly pin-point out any links or commentary number for me
to refresh memory?

Thanks,
Junghoon

The above organization makes