RE: [802.21] Tomorrow's Telecon material

Hi Daniel,

Srini

Srini> Do you really see this as requirement to IS transport? It seems
that the requirement is for mobility management.

>4.7 Compromising with IETF Mobility Protocol IS protocol
>SHOULD collaborate with existing IETF mobility protocol (IP
>layer mobility, transport layer mobility, and even application
>layer mobility) to maintain mobile node's IP connectivity.
Srini> I agree with this, this is the fundamental basis of the MIH work.
It is already covered in the intro section these are working in
coordination with IETF. We have the following statement in the
introduction section.

" The Information Services work complementary to the mobility
   management protocols in the capacity that they are utilized before
   making decisions for handovers."

>4.8 Protocol Reusability
>IS protocol SHOULD reuse existing IETF protocols whenever
>available.I.e., security, authentication, mobility, congestion
>control, and whatever..."

Srini> Section 5.4 covers this aspect. I am not sure if we need to say
as a requirement but more like a suggestion. The general model is to
provide our requirements and they choose/design the solution.

" The existing ready use of IETF developed transport layer protocols is
   a compelling reason to develop information services transported over
   IP.  Particularly, it is valuable to determine if IS requirements
   match existing transport models and protocols."