RE: [802.21] Tomorrow's Telecon material

Daniel,

IS is a service that allows to discover information about a network
before connecting to it. This can happen when there is a handoff, but
also at initial network entry. However, the use of IS is not a mobility
step.

>> It seems to me you are suggesting instead a requirement
>regarding e.g.
>> how fast IS information can be retrieved.
>
>Reasonable, in addition, fast mobility processing based on IS
>information.
>Comparing with other mobility protocols, 802.21 transport
>protocol can be faster using IS information than others.
Daniel, 802.21 IS NOT a mobility protocol, therefore we cannot compare
802.21 with any other mobility protocol. The fact that 802.21 supports
and simplifies mobility does not mean that 802.21 is a mobility
protocol.
Stefano