From: ext Qiaobing Xie [mailto:Qiaobing.Xie@MOTOROLA.COM]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 11:42 AM
To: STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802.21] Comments on
21-06-0698-01-0000_IP_configuration_methods_IE.doc

Hi, Yoshi,

Yoshihiro Ohba wrote:

> support, etc.) may be sufficient.  Detailed IP configuration
> information can be determined using standard IP protocols after
> handover.

The whole idea of developing 802.21 is to find a better way to do
handover, which include altering some traditional sequential events in
order to reduce the handover latency. Finding a way to pre-determine
some IP configuration before the handover is a way of reducing handover
latency because you would need less time to configure your new IP
connection after the handover. We have talked about this in the past
802.21 meeting many times. Why is this basic concept still an issue?

regards,
-Qiaobing