Re: [802.21] Questions of SAP "MIH_Link_Actions.request"

David Cypher,

First thanks for your answers, my answers are in the below.

Sincerely yours,

Shunneng Yang
Software Engineer
Information and Communication Research Labs, ITRI
Tel. : +886-3-591-2286 (O)
E-mail: aaroh0407@gmail.com

2008/5/5 David Cypher <david.cypher@nist.gov>:
> Shunneng Yang
>
>   First these are not the same questions as asked before.
> You asked two questions before, now there is only one question.
> Annex L is an informative Annex, not normative.
Sorry, it's my mistake, there was indeed only one question in my mail.

> If I understand your question as only one action is included (or shown) when
> there multiple actions that need to occur, then ....
>
> MIH_Link_Actions.request (7.4.16) does contain 2 entries as you state, but
> one is a LIST which permits multiple actions to be taken.  All of these
> actions can be included in one MIH_Link_Actions.request.   The contents of
> the MIH_Link_Actions.request is not shown in Annex L nor are all of the
> actions that occur, but that is no cause for alarm. As I said before Annex L
> is informative and therefore carries no weight (or details) against the
> normative text (where the details are).
> Therefore I do not see a problem.  There are many details described in the
> normative text that are not shown in the informative Annex L.   If you want
> details, read the normative text.  Do not base your knowledge of 802.21 on a
> few informative graphs.
> "Informative text is provided for information only and is therefore not
> officially part of the standard."
>
> And if your question is about the connecting after a scan, then ...
> It is my understanding that each graph builds upon the previous ones.
> You should have problems with the graph shown on 268 too.  Here it states
> only MIH_Link_Actions.request and confirm.  From this you should understand
> that these graphs are not all inclusive in the details and therefore do not
> show everything that you think should be shown.
> That is what the normative text is for.
>
> Question to you.
> In Annex L was removed would it take any critical information away from the
> standard?
It may not take the critical information away from the standard, but
it does help me understanding the process of handover.