Q: How To Associate with ONE Particualr Network, from a List of Homogeneous Networks, using MIH?

Good Morning Dear All (GMT+5),

I have studied the 'MIH Standard' and 'Draft P802.11u_D5.0' and need your help to solve the following Scenario.

Scenario:
Using MIH_Event_Subscribe Command, I specify TWO WiFi NETWORK_ID (MACs of APs). When I reach the vicinity, I am informed through MIH_Link_Detected about these networks. Now I want to associate with Network_B instead of Network_A.
Can you please indicate which MIH Command I should use to perform selective L2 Connectivity?

If I am Not Wrong, MIH_Event_Subscribe, MIH_Link_Actions and MIH_Link_Configure_Thresholds do not provide such facility. Then how MIH User will get such functionality, through Network Manager by passing MIHF or else?

Regards,

MUHAMMAD MAAZ REHAN
Center of Research in Networks and Telecommunication (CoReNet)
M. A. Jinnah  University
Islamabad
+92 333 997 4992

Get your new Email address!