Start ACK requestor and responder state machines

Hello everybody,

I am working on a master thesis about a wifi to wifi 802.21 handover
implementation and I was thinking about how to determine the AckReq and
AckRsp bits in in a MIH_MESSAGE header. I'm using Atheros wireless cards
which main parameter of quality is the RSSI. It is quite well docummented
how to determine the signal level thresholds to proceed handover execution
(madwifi-project.org), but I am not being able to guess when should I
start to improve the channel's fiability by switching in the ACK
mechanism.

I have determined the following signal level thresholds, and the actions
to be taken:

Roaming threshold: -73dBm
Actions:
- Link_Parameters_Report
- MIH_MN_HO_Candidate_Query
- MIH_MN_HO_Commit
- L2 Connection

Clear channel threshold: -89dBm
Actions:
- Link_Going_Down
- L3 Handover

Link_Down threshold: -94dBm

Could anybody give me a clue about when to set AckReq and AckRsp bits? Am
I on the rigth way looking at this indicator (signal level)?

Thanks in advance.