[802.3_100GCU] 100GBASE-KP4 transmitter ad hoc - 24 October meeting minutes

Dear Task Force Participants,

The 100GBASE-KP4 transmitter ad hoc met on Wednesday 24 October @ 1pm Pacific time.  The meeting minutes are below.

With regards,
-Kent

Attendees:
Matt Brown
Charles Moore
Megha Shanbhag
Piers Dawe
Rick Rabinovich
Wheling Cheng
Adee Ran
Kent Lusted
Beth Kochuparambil
Mohammad Kermani
Vasu Parthasarathy
Rich Mellitz
Will Bliss
Zhongfang Wang
Beth Kochuparambil
Stephen Alie
Mike Dudek
Walter Katz

(If I missed an attendee, please let me know.)

Meeting notes:
1:03pm start

Patent reminder.  No one responded.

Kent Lusted displayed lusted_3bj_02_1012.pdf

Reviewed Agenda:

Charles Moore on risetime_vs_fit_pulse.pdf
*       Method could also be applied to Cl 92 and Cl 93
*       Long package adds 2x length from earlier slides (pg 10)
*       Discussion on term steady state and how it is derived.
*       Discussion on simulation summary table.
*       Discussion on rise times minimum limits
*       Consensus for no max rise time req't.
*       Next meeting to discuss definition of rise time and set the value.

Adee Ran reviews slides 8-15 in lusted_3bj_02_1012
*       Discussion on overhead frame and termination bits
*       40 bit overhead should follow the first overhead symbol
*       Update slide 11 note on overhead
*       Discussion on PRBS type/size for training pattern
*       Discussion on control channel cell size

Next meeting on Thursday, 1 November

2:27 pm end

Kent Lusted
Sr. Silicon Applications Engineer