[802.3_OMEGA] P802.3cz IEEE SA ballot

Colleagues,

The 3rd WG recirculation ballot on P802.3cz/D2.3 closed with no new negative votes and no comments.  This means we will be moving to the second ballot stage for our project.  Our Chief Editor, Mr. Torres, has produced a D3.0 draft and our web master Mr. Pardo has posted the D3.0 draft to the Task Force private area.  The draft content is identical to D2.3, only the draft number, date and cover page are updated.

Mr. Law will be requesting that IEEE SA staff open the initial SA ballot on P802.3cz/D3.0.  If you are in the ballot group, then you will receive the official announcement of the ballot opening from IEEE SA.  I’ll update this reflector when that announcement goes out.  If you failed to join the SA ballot group, you will still have the opportunity to review and comment on the draft.  As is typical for IEEE 802.3 projects, As TF Chair, I’ll extend the offer to submit comments for anyone that is not in the ballot group.  (The comments will be non-binding and identified as to who the commenter is.)  More detail will be provided on this when the ballot is open.

Grateful recognition goes out to the WG ballot participants that helped to improve our draft, and my congratulations to the Task Force on reaching this important milestone!

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, P802.3cz Multi-Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet (OMEGA) Task Force