[EFM] Should There Be A Sequence Number In Variable Request/Response PDUs?

Title:
Variable Request and Response PDUs don't have a sequence number field.

If one is allowed to send multiple outstanding Variable Requests, then how is to match a response to its corresponding request? Should not we introduce a sequence number? Sure, to some extent one could match them by looking at what variables are included, but it's not a sure way.

If the intention is not to allow more than one Variable Request at a time, which I think is reasonable in order to keep the OAM operation simple, then a note to that effect in the standard would be nice.

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.

Regards,

Yonghong Ren
Appian Communications