[STDS-802-3-EPOC] Continue with EPoC MMP Ad-hoc Meetings

Folks,

Thanks for all the active participation in the MMP Ad-hoc meetings in the pas week.

Following up on the discussion and conclusions at the F2F meeting last week, we will proceed as follows:

  *   Continue the Ad-hoc until the 802 Plenary in March, 2013 with its current objective to make a decision on whether to include MMP or not into the EPoC Standard, and

  *
If the Ad-hoc agrees that MMP should be implemented in some or all use cases, then expand the objective of the Ad-Hoc to achieve consensus on how MMP would be implemented.

To that end, given the objective to conclude the discussions by the time of the plenary in Orlando, and the need to expand to multiple hours or multiple meetings per week, I will set-up 2 recurring weekly meetings of the MMP ad-hoc until the next plenary meeting in March, as follows:

  *   Continue scheduling meetings every Tuesday at 9 AM ET, and
  *   Given the inconvenience of the Tuesday 9 AM ET timeslot for participants from the West coast, I will schedule an additional weekly call for Thursdays at 1 PM ET.

Please see meeting invitations following this Email.

Given the discussion and conclusions so far, our agenda moving forward will include the following topics:

1. Review pending questions on the MMP model provided by John Ulm

2. Consider MMP becoming an option for EPoC (this seems to be the most viable option)

  *   Building into the standards the necessary "hooks" for MMP to be implementable

  *   Establish the various interoperability scenarios

3. Consider MMP being required for TDD and not for FDD (this seems to be another viable scenario)

4. Discuss Adaptive Bit Loading for SMP and MMP: this is a related topic that makes sense to incorporate

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

Thanks!
Jorge