From: Marek Hajduczenia [mailto:marek.hajduczenia@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 2:21 PM
To: Shellhammer, Steve; STDS-802-3-EPOC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-3-EPOC] RF Spectrum Ad Hoc

Steve,

Is there any way to have the recorded straw-polls clarified? It is unclear what station they refer to (CLT or CNU) and what it really means "Exclusion sub-bands are to be configured by MDIO or the PHY Link channel" - does it mean that CLT configures these parameters on CNU via MDIO (if so, how is that achieved, really?) or something else happens and PLC delivers this information from CLT to CNU?

Also, since my previous email was ignored so far, I would like to repeat my two primary questions:

Question 1: how is information delivered from management layer (up above 802.3 layers) to PLC?

Question 2: how does PLC interplay with OAM? Functionally, I see overlap between them ...

Regards

Marek