Re: [HSSG] Topics for Consideration

Greg Hankins wrote:
> Yes, I included LR and VLR in "Campus Backbone" and "Corporate Backbone".
> Think of a campus or corporation that has multiple locations within a metro
> or city.  Or even just buildings in the same location that are more than
> 100m (SR) apart.
>
> Greg

That's exactly what we're faced with at LBNL.  Several of our
inter-building links fall in the <= 300m range, but many of them fall
into the 1-5 Km range.  We've also investigated acquisition of dark
fiber to provision connections between Berkeley and Oakland (NERSC)
prior to ESnet's build-out of their MANs, which would have been near
10Km had we done it.

Mike