[802SEC] RE: [EFM-P2MP] FW: P2MP Voting Vancouver

Dan-

By "If the IEEE reads ..." I trust you mean IEEE 802.
There already exists an 802 Working Group for Security. It is the 802.10 SILS (Standard for Interoperable LAN/MAN
Security) which was last revised in 1998. The work of the group was oriented to government needs rather than commercial. The group is in hibernation as it has no active PARs nor a currently active Working Group chair.

The group could form a reasonable foundation for an architecture of security and perhaps a basis to build upon for further work. The most essential thing that would be needed for further work is people to actually do the work. If a reasonable body of volunteers were to step up to the task I feel confident that 802 would be willing to reactivate the group.

Best regards,

Geoff