[802SEC] 802.18 documents for 5 day SEC review

Attached you will find  4 documents that were approved
by 802.18 (and 802.11 and 802.15) at our recent interim
meeting in Monterey.

Submitting these documents to the SEC constitutes the
beginning of the 5 day SEC review period required before
the RR-TAG can file/present these documents externally.

I have sent these documents to  Roger Marks, who has
made them available to 802.18 members, asking them
to comment to him and me if they had any issues or
concerns.  (To date, I have not received any negative
comments on any of the documents, and it is my
understanding is that Roger contemplates seeking a
formal approval of these documents at the opening plenary
of 802.16's interim on Monday, Korea time ...)

For your information, I should probably point out that
3 of the documents merely follow on to, or provide
additional support to, previously filed postions.

The 4th document, in response to a Public Consultation
from the Hong Kong Telecommunications Authority,
supports their proposed creation of a "Class License,"
with minimal regulatory burdens, for commercial interests
that propose to operate commercial public access "hot
spots" (similar to those being deployed in the US by
Starbucks and many others).

As a technical matter, per LMSC rules, WG approval is
not required for the SEC to allow these documents to be
filed by the TAG ... only 75% approval in the TAG ... where
approval was 100%.  However, I have sought WG approval
from .11/.15/.16 in the interests of demonstrating wider
support for the documents to the SEC.

If there are no SEC member motions to block the filing
presentation of these documents by the end of the required
5 day SEC review period, which I am interpreting as being
0700 EDT this coming Tuesday, Sept. 24 (based on sending
these documents to the SEC reflector at approximately 0635 EDT
today. Sept. 19), I will proceed.

(note that I am in Geneva attending ITU-R meetings on 5 GHz
allocations issues and will be in transit returning to the US
on Sept. 25 ...)

Regards,
Carl R. Stevenson
Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group
610-965-8799 (home office)
610-712-3217 (fax mailbox)
610-570-6168 (cellphone)
Short Message Service: 6105706168@voicestream.net
carl.stevenson@ieee.org

 <<18-02-028r1_ExParte_re_AMSAT.ppt>>
<<18-02-029r0_Opp_LMS_Pet_Recon_and_Ex_Parte.doc>>
<<18-02-031r1_Cmts_Hong_Kong_WLAN_Consultation.doc>>
<<18-02-032r1_WRC_AI1.5_Presentation.ppt>>