Re: [802SEC] "Get IEEE 802" comments

I don't think it's acceptable to increase our participants' cost for
supporting the program beyond where it is now.

As I tried to discuss, but there wasn't time during the Friday EC meeting in
Denver, I just can't understand how it "costs" $25 to fulfill a .pdf
download. (I may have misunderstood, but my understanding was that was the
reason stated as to why a nominal (say $5) charge per download from Get 802
"wasn't a viable option" to further support the program without increasing
our participants' per meeting session costs.

As I said, it seems to me that the incremental cost of a .pdf download is
negligible and I don't understand why simply changing the price (to
something like $5) 6 months after 802 standards are published isn't viable.

I'd like to hear a good explanation of what I'm missing so that I can
understand it and we could see if we could figure out a way to fix this.

Carl