Re: [802SEC] definitions of affiliation and interest categories

Bob-

I do disagree.

First, "Affiliation" and "Interest Category" have nothing to do with each
other.

"Interest Category" is the easiest one.
This is a self defined category which is declared in each instance of
signing up for a Sponsor Ballot. It is the balloters relationship to the
subject matter being balloted. It is information required by ANSI as a part
of the balloting process that they have accredited.

"Affiliation"
Is the party to whom an 802 participant owes allegiance (however minimal
the participant may claim the allegiance is) principally by way of
financial sponsorship of the participants activity or perhaps by vested
financial interest in the participants employed activity. The assumption
being that if you are looking for that thing that lies somewhere between
influence and control then you should "follow the money". And further, that
transparency of affiliation is appropriate for participants is making their
own standards related decisions.

Geoff