From: Steven Schroedl
To: Paul Nikolich
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:57 PM
Subject: IEEE 802 - 2006 San Diego Network Status July 18, 2006

Paul,

Day two went great.  Helping more people getting switched over to 802.1x.

We detected a rogue DHCP server on the IEEE open network.  After determining the IP address of the device, we pulled the MAC address and computer name from the server logs.  We then tracked the user down to the access point they were connected to.  Rick went into the room where the user was, and made an announcement for the user with that computer name.  A member raised his hand and Colin helped the member to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Steven Schroedl

VeriLAN Event Services, Inc.
215 SE Morrison Street Suite 2000F