[802SEC] +++EC Email Ballot+++ Motion on all-802 Interims

Dear EC Colleagues

At our chairs meeting at the Interim in Melbourne, the topic of the January
2007 Interim came up and the lack of support it was getting from some
groups. In attendance were Stuart Kerry, Mike Lynch, Steve Shellhammer,
Vivek Gupta, Carl Stevenson and myself.

We unanimously agreed that we wanted to put forward the following motion
for EC email ballot to encourage participation.  These sessions are
financially risky enough without adding the unknown attendance factor.  If
this motion passes, it will not necessarily fix that problem, but it is
nudge in the right direction. Paul requested that I run the ballot.

Moved:

When the EC sponsors an all 802 Interim, that Interim shall be the only
sanctioned Interim for that period. If a Working Group does not participate
in the all 802 Interim and meets separately during that period, that
Working Group's session can not be called an interim and can not be
substituted for a Plenary for the purposes of gaining or maintaining voting
rights.

mover: Stevenson
second: Heile

The ballot opens as of this email and closes 2359 AoE Friday October 20, 2006.

Regards

Bob

Bob Heile, Ph.D
Chairman, ZigBee Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Personal Area Networks
11 Louis Road
Attleboro, MA  02703   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org