Re: [802SEC] 802 Banking account proposal

John,

The additional questions that I would be asking the IEEE include the
following:

	1) What if any are the restrictions on the life of a concentration
banking account and will there be any change in the account number or
other identification of the account during the life of the account?

	2) Can a hotel or other organization with which 802 needs to establish
an account/credit get confirmation of the 802 account and other
appropriate 802 account specific information as can be obtained from an
independent bank account?

	3) Under what conditions would the IEEE withdraw funds from the account
and if funds were withdrawn, what are the justifications for such a
withdrawal, what notice would be provided to 802 and what is the timing
of such notice?

	4) What is the mechanism and approval chain for 802 to cause a domestic
or international wire transfer to issued?

	5) What fees and additional exchange rate (in excess of the bank to
bank exchange rate) are imposed on domestic and international wire
transfers?

	6) Does the use of concentration banking require that 802 use the IEEE
for credit card processing services?  In the past the IEEE charges for
credit card processing were significantly greater (3x-4x) than the rates
802 paid using it own merchant accounts.  Or can the existing 802
merchants be used and linked to a concentration banking account?  If the
existing 802 merchant accounts can be used, is there any additional
charge imposed for this linkage to a concentration banking account?

	7) What other restrictions would the use of concentration banking
impose of the financial activities of 802?

	8) Are there any limits on the dollar amount of a check written on the
account?

	9) Are there any requirements for multiple signatures on checks or for
checks greater than some threshold amount?

On the local access issue:

	1) What is the drill required to change signatures on the account?  Can
that all be done by mail?

On the advantages of concentration banking:

	1) The IEEE made it clear on multiple occasions in the past that it did
not want 802 to have any credit cards.  Such cards were available from
US Bank and would have been useful for certain 802 purchases and I
considered getting one or two.  But no cards were obtained due to IEEE
objections.  Has the IEEE changed it policy or is this just a ploy to
encourage groups to use concentration banking?

	2) On line access is available from all major banks including US Bank.

These are the questions that I can think of now that seem to me need
answers before making a decision on a change to IEEE concentrated banking.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Bill