[802SEC] FW: Public comment recruitment of MIC Japan

Dear EC,

Here is an English summary of the Japanese Administration's proposal to
impose fees on unlicensed devices.

The Japanese regulator has plans to begin charging a usage free for
unlicensed products. This is not an unheard of matter; the U.S. has/had
a process that did the same for the 1910 - 1930 MHz frequency band. The
discussions on this are still ongoing within the Japanese
Administration.

The RR-TAG has reviewed this situation and finds it difficult or
impossible to actually comment in opposition to this action.

We remain ready to discuss this but for now plan no further action.

Please contact me if you would like the Japanese text.

Regards,

Mike