[802SEC] New Revision of LMSC P&P

All,

Attached please find a new revision of the LMSC P&P for your
consideration (two files, one with change marked relative to the 1/4/06
revision and one without change marks).  These rules are NOT in effect
until posted by AudCom.  I am providing this revision to the EC for a 30
day 'editorial' review ending 9/27.  Let me know if you see anything
amiss. In parallel, I am providing this to AudCom for their review as
well.  However I will ask them not to post this until the 30 day
editorial review by the EC completes.  Please let me know if you see any
errors.

As a quick review for the EC, we have not updated our posted P&P since
1/4/2006.  The delay has mostly been due to the new rules at SA
requiring posting by AudCom, and the time required resolve issues AudCom
had with our P&P.   As a quick review, here is a summary of P&P revision
ballots considered since our last update to the P&P:

Title                  Approved to ballot        Balloted?
Approval status

WG Plenary       11/05                            Yes
Failed 3/10/06

Editorial            11/05                            Yes
Passed 3/10/06

Document:
802.0-Editorial_-_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_060102_r0.pdf

Doc Numbers    3/10/06                         Yes
Passed 7/21/06

Document:
802.0-Document_Numbers_-_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_060430_r0.pdf

Editorial 2         3/10/06                         Yes
Passed 7/21/06

Document:
802.0-Editorial_2_-_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_proposed_resolution_060628_
r0.pdf

WG Voting        7/21/06                         Yes
Deferred 11/17/06

            Note:  Never brought back - Side tracked by AudCom Stuff

AudCom          11/17/06                        No
(re-approved for ballot 3/16/07)

                        3/16/07                         Yes
Passed 7/20/07

            Document:        802.0-AudCom_-_LMSC_P&P_Proposed
Resolution_070720.pdf

Sponor Recirc   3/16/07                         No

In short, the following approved documents needed to be incorporated
into the LMSC P&P currently in effect:

802.0-Editorial_-_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_060102_r0.pdf

802.0-Document_Numbers_-_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_060430_r0.pdf

802.0-Editorial_2_-_LMSC_P&P_Revision_Ballot_proposed_resolution_060628_
r0.pdf

            802.0-AudCom_-_LMSC_P&P_Proposed Resolution_070720.pdf

The resulting update is quite extensive (although many of the changes
are 'editorial' in nature).  I have not knowingly exercised any
editorial discretion with the wording (even the 'editorial' changes in
this document were approved by ballot). And, though I have double
checked everything, you never know.  So if you have the time, please
also check the files.  An extra set of eyes is always appreciated.  All
the source files should be available from the EC reflector (and in
various minutes of EC meetings).

Regards to all,

Mat

Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
Engineering Fellow
BAE Systems -  Network Systems (NS)
Office: +1 973.633.6344
Cell: +1 973.229.9520
email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com
<mailto:matthew.sherman@baesystems.com>

Draft LMSC_P&P_July_2007_r070826_clean.pdf

Draft LMSC_P&P_July_2007_r070826.pdf