Re: [802SEC] Fwd: IEEE-SA News Update for September 20, 2007

Geoff,

I don't see anything that would lead me to believe that it is
"sanctioned" by 802. And since it is clearly not presenting 802's view
on anything, but is merely a "discussion on standards history and the
standards development process", I can't imagine that it could stray into
some territory that would concern me as a member of the 802 EC. I expect
many of us have given public or semi-public talks dealing with
standards, especially the specific standards that our WGs produce. As
long as no one were to ever claim to represent said WG or 802, then I
see no problem with such talks. The fact that someone is an officer of
the EC or of a WG is merely part of their credentials, helping justify
why someone might be willing to pay money to listen to them blather on
(excuse me, talk) about the subject at issue.

jl