Re: [802SEC] Chair re-election - proposed interpretation/rules change

Bob -

Your points are well taken. However, we still have to deal with the
immediate problem of determining what actions the current P&P require
of us with regard to conduct of the upcoming elections in March and
what (if any) pre-election actions are required in November. Given
that, as I believe I have demonstrated, even the proper conduct of
the "75% vote of the WG" procedure is open to a considerable range of
interpretations, the urgent piece of work right now (in my view, at
least - maybe because I have a direct interest in the outcome!) is to
reach a conclusion as to what the "correct" interpretation of the
existing P&P is so that those potentially affected can take the
proper course of action. It is hard to operate under the current P&P
if we don't agree on what they mean. My intent in drafting changes to
the existing text was to attempt to write down what we *intended* the
meaning to be.

Regards,
Tony