Re: [802SEC] It doesn't have to be either or

This question has come up before several times and I have pointed out
what IETF does differently. All the nonNA IETF meetings that I'm aware
of have had one or more local host organizations to help with logistics
(and possibly some of the costs - the networking is often an area where
they help). That is true of many IETF NA meetings as well. Their
upcoming Vancouver meeting lists 2 hosts and 3 sponsors.

They have a place on their website where they have a little information
on hosting and sponsoring:
http://www3.tools.ietf.org/group/iaoc/wiki/HostSponsorships
They do give their hosts some name placement to reward hosting.

Not all IETF meetings have a host - but all the non-NA ones do.

The best thing we can do to ensure an ability to hold nonNA meetings is
to secure the help of non-NA hosts.