From: J Lemon [mailto:jlemon@ieee.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 6:05 PM
To: Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA)
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ LMSC P&P Revision Ballot +++ Creation of
OperationsManual

Mat, others,

My apologies for being so tardy on my response to this ballot. I put off

typing in my comments until the last moment, and then missed a few days
of work starting on the 23rd. I am back now and have typed in my
comments. Obviously I am too late to vote, but hopefully my comments
will still be of some use.

jl

On 5/12/2008 7:00 AM, Sherman, Matthew J. (US SSA) wrote:
> Fellow EC Members:
>

> First I apologize for a typo in my original e-mail on this topic.  I
> failed to update the closing date of the ballot which is May 23rd @
> 11:59 PM EDT.  The closing date was correctly reflected in the ballot
> document itself.
>

> To date I have not seen any responses.  With less than 2 weeks in the
> ballot period I request that everyone please look at the ballot soon.
> allocated extra time, but that extra time has already ticked away.
>

> Finally I find that I have a conflict for the first Comment Resolution
> telecom on May 30th that I can't remove.  Accordingly I plan to move
the
> telecom to the next business day (Monday June 2nd) at the same time
(11
> AM EDT).
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mat
>

> Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
> Engineering Fellow
> BAE Systems -  Network Systems (NS)
> Office: +1 973.633.6344
> Cell: +1 973.229.9520

Manual

> Dear EC members,
>

> Attached you will find the ballot document for an LMSC P&P revision
> ballot titled 'Creation of Operations Manual'. This ballot was
approved
> at the Friday March 21, 2008 EC meeting. The actual revisions to the
P&P
> / OM are in the EC e-mail archive as indicated in the ballot document.
> The text is identical to that presented at the meeting.  The purpose
and
> rationale for the ballot are as given in the attached ballot document
> but relates to objections AudCom had to our P&P and a desire to
address
> the objections before the end of the year deadline imposed by AudCom.
>

> There are some differences in this ballot relative to prior P&P
revision
> ballots.  I've allowed closer to 45 days because the changes involved
> are so extensive.  I have attached a ballot response form and request
> that all EC members use it to ease the task of compiling and
addressing
> comments.  The ballot response form that is in Excel. I recognize
> different WG have different traditions about ballot response forms,
and
> not everyone will be pleased with my selection.  But since I will bear
> the brunt of compiling the comments I ask that you please work with me
> on this.
>

> Finally I am scheduling two comment resolution teleconferences prior
> the July Plenary.  The first will be a week after the close of the
> ballot, and the second will be about a month after that.  Here are the
> details:
>

> Ballot Opens: April 9, 2008
>

> Ballot Closes: June 24, 2007 11:59 PM EDT.
>

> First Ballot Resolution Teleconference:  May 30th, 2008 @ 11 AM EDT
>

> Second Ballot Resolution Teleconference:  June 27th, 2008 @ 11 AM EDT
>

> Details on the ballot resolution teleconferences will be provided at a
> later date.
>

> WG chairs, please distribute this P&P revision ballot to your WG, and
> invite them to comment through you.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>

> Mat
>

> Matthew Sherman, Ph.D.
> Engineering Fellow
> BAE Systems -  Network Systems (NS)
> Office: +1 973.633.6344
> Cell: +1 973.229.9520
> email: matthew.sherman@baesystems.com
> <mailto:matthew.sherman@baesystems.com>

> This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.
This list is maintained by Listserv.