From: stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
[mailto:stds-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of Gupta, Vivek G
Sent: Thursday, 21 August 2008 1:37 PM
To: Andrew Myles (amyles); STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: Paul Nikolich; STDS-802-21@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Clause 19 Report regarding P802.21/D13 to RevCom

Dear Andrew,

The 802.11v draft (currently in WG LB <75% Approval rate) is not
referenced in 802.21 because it is not required for 802.21
implementation. As for 802.11u, we worked closely with that group and
802.11u is required for 802.21 implementation.

Your colleague (on whose behalf you seem to be filing comments) pointed
to us: "802.21 may as well reference a newspaper clipping rather than
reference unapproved IEEE drafts". This influenced the 802.21 WG
reasoning in SB comment resolution.

I have checked with the WG Editor and few other people in WG. There is
strong consensus *NOT* to reference 802.11v from our draft in the way
you have described. However we will discuss this further during our Sept
WG meeting. You are welcome to come to 802.21 and express your views. It
seems highly unlikely at this point that 802.21 WG will agree to this
change.

Kind Regards
-Vivek