Re: [802SEC] PARs for November 2009 meeting

James,

I don't see the two PARs of 802.22 WG listed in your email.

Below is the email request that was sent on October 12, 2009 requesting to put two PARs prepared by the 802.22 WG on the EC agenda in November plenary session. Please confirm the request has been well received and update the list of PARs accordingly for the November 2009 meeting.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Wendong

-------------------------------
Dear EC members,

In compliance with Clause 11.2 of the LMSC Operations Manual please find included below URLs that link to two PAR and 5C documents prepared by 802.22 working group for consideration by the 802 EC in the November 2009 Plenary.

1.  Modified IEEE P802.22 PAR and 5C clarifying its scope

* https://mentor.ieee.org/802.22/dcn/09/22-09-0159-07-0000-modified-ieee-p802-22-par-and-5c.pdf * Summary: Modified IEEE P802.22 PAR and 5C that clarify the scope of IEEE 802.22 project specifying the MAC/PHY air interface of point-to-multipoint wireless regional area networks (WRAN) for fixed and portable user terminals operating in the VHF/UHF TV broadcast band white space.

2.  IEEE P802.22.3 PAR and 5C for scalable WRAN operations

* https://mentor.ieee.org/802.22/dcn/09/22-09-0165-05-0000-ieee-p802-22-3-draft-par-and-5c.doc * Summary: New PAR with 5C for a new 802.22 project specifying MAC/PHY air interface that enable Scalable 802.22 WRAN operation of fixed and portable devices in VHF/UHF TV broadcast band white space.

Because the submission deadline for the December NesCom meeting (19th October) occurs prior to the date of the November 802 EC meeting, I intend to pre-submit these draft PARs to NesCom with the understanding that

a) Any changes to the draft PAR text resulting from the Plenary will be promptly communicated to the NesCom Administrator, Lisa Yacone. b) Should the EC not approve their submission, they will be removed from the NesCom agenda

Regards,

Wendong Hu

James Gilb wrote:
Dear EC members

I have updated the PARs page (http://www.ieee802.org/PARs.shtml) with
the PARs that I have seen to date posted to the EC reflector.

The 30 day deadline is fast approaching for sending these to the 802 EC
reflector. (My calculation is that it would be the morning of
10/17/2009, but I wouldn't suggest waiting until then.)

The PARs I have to date are:
    * 802.1Qbg amendment for edge virtual bridging, PAR  and 5C
    * 802.1Qbh amendment for bridge port extension, PAR and 5C
    * 802.1Qaz PAR modification for enhanced transmission selection for
bandwidth sharing between traffic classes, PAR
    * 802.11 amendment for TV white spaces operation, PAR and 5C
    * 802.11 amendment for prioritization of management frames, PAR and 5C
    * 802.16h PAR extension
    * 802.19 TV white space coexistence, PAR and 5 C
    * 802.21 amendment for single radio handovers, PAR and 5C
    * 802.3bf amendment for MAC service interface and management
parameters to support time synchronization protocols, PAR and 5C

If I have missed any, please let me know.

James Gilb
802 EC Recording Secretary