Thread Links Date Links
Thread Prev Thread Next Thread Index Date Prev Date Next Date Index

[802SEC] 802 workshop Saturday 12 March--update

Dear EC members,

I understand several people have already made their travel reservations and will arrive too late to participate. If you are unable to make the Saturday afternoon session, please try to find a substitute for your WG/TAG to present--or failing that--please prepare a few slides describing your WG's standards and projects and I could present them on your behalf.

Attendance update: David Law, Bruce Kraemer and Bob Heile have confirmed they will be able to participate. Roger will try to have someone substitute for him. Mat will try to rearrange his flight schedule.

I anticipate the response from the local IEEE, academic and engineering community will be very positive to the workshop, as indicated by my previous discussions with the local IEEE office and supporting organizations.



----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Nikolich" <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2011 6:53 PM
Subject: [802SEC] 802 workshop Saturday 12 March

Dear EC members,

Question: I'd like to see how many of you will be in Singapore on Saturday 12 March and would be willing to participate in an "802 Workshop" for the local IEEE members. The objective of the workshop would be to give attendees a high level understanding of the IEEE, the IEEE Standards Association, the "802-well-oiled-machine-style" standards development process, and a summary of the current standards and projects in each of your WGs and TAG.

So--who will be in Singapore on Saturday and be willing to participate in a workshop. As a starting point, I'm thinking it should be less than 4 hours long, probably in the afternoon between 1pm and 5pm with one 15 minute break.

Possible agenda:

1) Welcome--Paul, 5 min
2) IEEE, IEEE-SA Overview--Paul, Bob Grow 10 min
3) 802-style standard dev process overview--Pat, Jon 10 min
4) SA/802-policy and procedure--Mat 10min
5) 802 Architecture--JamesG/Tony 10min
6) 802.1 overview--Tony (all of these WG updates will be about 10min on average)
7) 802.3 -- David
8) 802.11 --Bruce
9) 802.15 --Bob
10) 802.16--Roger
11) 802.17--John
12) 802.18--Mike
13) 802.19--Steve
14) 802.20--Mark
15) 802.21--Subir
16) 802.22--Apurva
17) 802.23--Geoff
18) Wrap up--Paul

I'll put this on the agenda for our interim EC meeting call 1FEB too, but if you have input before then, please share it on the EC reflector.



This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.