Re: [802SEC] Proposed press release for formation of 802.24

Pat

Comments below:

On 10/16/2012 05:03 PM, Pat Thaler wrote:
Major comment: What's the review process for "white papers,
guidelines and presentations"?  The TAG was formed in July 2012 and I
don't see any drafts of such documents posted in its document area.
Based on that, I don't see how such WG products could have adequate
review and be released Nov 2012. Please remove that sentence or put
in a more realistic date. If the latter, start developing a process
for approval of non-liaison, non-standards-project documents and get
IEEE 802 EC acceptance of the process.

At the very least, we will have the Tutorial presentation and one or two SIF contributions by the end of the November meeting (using our normal processes). I will propose text for "Position statements by WGs and Sponsor" for our OM, but there is no guarantee anyone will like it. :)

Other items: There are hyperlinks to the websites of most WGs but
802.1's is missing.

Link added.

I don't think we use "LAN" in 802.1's name. After all, we do some
work that's more WAN focused such as Provider Bridging and OAM. It's
High Level Interface WG on the 802 WGs page.

Changed to High Level Interface (it is wrong, apparently on http://www.ieee802.org/index.shtml). John, can you update the web page for 802.1 and add 802.24 to http://www.ieee802.org/wgchairs.shtml. Lisa Perry is the liaison for 802.24, so you can add us to that line on index.shtml.

Some of the groups use the older grouper.ieee.org link instead of
ieee802.org/<n> links. Both get to the same place, but I'd suggest we
use the newer ieee802.org paths for all of them.

I changed them to the www.ieee802.org path.

SG is a confusing acronym because usually in IEEE 802 it means Study
Group. Use Smart Grid TAG instead of SG TAG - it isn't that many
letters.

Changed SG to Smart Grid.

I am making a few more changes and will post the updated document soon.

James Gilb

-----Original Message----- From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee
List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of James P. K.
Gilb Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:49 PM To:
STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG Subject: [802SEC] Proposed press
release for formation of 802.24

All

I pre-circulating another press release, this one to announce the
formation of 802.24.  I am planning on a 6 day preliminary review
and will ask for an early close EC email ballot beginning early next
week.

If you are a WG chair, check the text to make sure that the name of
your WG is correctly described.  Also check to make sure that your WG
has not been inadvertently left our (or has been inadvertently
included).

Thanks

James Gilb 802.24 TAG Chair

---------- This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email
reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.