Re: [802SEC] Changing the 5 Criteria

John

Those are good points. It works now, because a 5C that indicates that a CA will be created, starts the process detailed in "Procedure for coexistence assurance" in the OM.

In addition, one other proposal for the rules changes would have the 5C reviewed throughout the life of a project. If that passes, then this would make more sense.

I received a suggestion in November for it to apply to all PARs. I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other. If the sense of the group is to keep it the same, the wording would be:

A WG proposing a wireless project is required to demonstrate coexistence through the preparation of a Coexistence Assurance (CA) document unless it is not applicable.
 - The WG will create a CA document as part of the WG balloting process.
- If the WG elects not to create a CA document, it will explain to the Sponsor the reason the CA document is not applicable.

James Gilb