Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Further comments on 11-20-0747-00-00be-rts-cts-in-11be?

Hi Insun,

Sorry for the late reply.
The intention to add the puncturing information in MU-RTS and ehtCTS is the same as adding the BW information in the scrambler seed of RTS/CTS.
For both cases, the transmitter wants to use a small packet (RTS / MU-RTS) to probe the dynamic BW and puncture information at the receiver side, before sending the long data PPDUs.
BSS operating BW with disallowed 20MHz channels is a bit long-term puncturing information, which may not be sufficient for the transmitter to gather the available channels at the receiver side for the immediate subsequent transmissions.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further comment/concern.

Thanks,
Yong