Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答���: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Feedback Requested for CRs related to MLD architecture - 11-21-0577

From: Ganming(Ming Gan) [mailto:ming.gan@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 5:10 AM
To: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-11-TGBE]
答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Feedback Requested for CRs related to MLD architecture - 11-21-0577

Hello Mark

The below response from you is aligned with my question.

now my concern is that we are mixing the transmitting end and receiving end (I think).  We have one side of the link that is trying to transmit a block of MPDUs, split (somehow, probably unknown to the receiver) across the links.  The other side is trying to manage the block ack scoreboard, as those MPDUs are received.  If the transmitter detects a failure, and needs to retry the transmission on a different link, the receiver won’t be able to track that with any kind of dynamic reassignment (of ‘expected reception block’, apparently) so that a different link on that end is now expecting the MPDU on its link.

[RR] How does a “link” come to “expect an MPDU” and what does that even mean?? Perhaps what is meant is a receiver at one end of a link?  Even then, the question still stands. And how does a receiver know that a transmission attempt meant for it has failed?  Are we now mandating all receivers be prescient? :^))))

Moreover, this is not only related to retransmission, but also related to initial transmission

Best wishes

Ming Gan

件人: Mark Hamilton [mailto:mark.hamilton2152@xxxxxxxxx]
时间: 2021715 4:30
收件人: STDS-802-11-TGBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] 答复: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Feedback Requested for CRs related to MLD architecture - 11-21-0577

Mike,

Ah, okay.  So, this is even more dynamic than I thought.  So, now my concern is that we are mixing the transmitting end and receiving end (I think).  We have one side of the link that is trying to transmit a block of MPDUs, split (somehow, probably unknown to the receiver) across the links.  The other side is trying to manage the block ack scoreboard, as those MPDUs are received.  If the transmitter detects a failure, and needs to retry the transmission on a different link, the receiver won’t be able to track that with any kind of dynamic reassignment (of ‘expected reception block’, apparently) so that a different link on that end is now expecting the MPDU on its link.

Mark