Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBE] Discussion on 11-21/1147 CC36-CR-35.6 Restricted TWT Announcement

Hi Chunyu,

Thank you so much for initiating the discussion thread on this topic. I appreciate it.

First thing is -- I am not sure whether the restricted TWT scheduled STAs really need this ‘time slice’-level information? I do see your motivation to provide some additional information to the restricted TWT scheduled STAs by the restricted TWT scheduling AP during the schedule advertisement phase, but this additional information can be at the schedule-level instead of at the ‘time slice’-level, as you are proposing. From per-schedule information about all the advertised schedules, the STAs themselves should be able to figure out the necessary ‘time slice’-level information, and therefore, achieve the ‘consolidated view’ of the entire timeline. For instance, if the STAs know occupancy information for the advertised schedules, they would essentially know the occupancy for each slice.

Also, this additional per-schedule information announcement can be accommodated with just minor changes in existing broadcast TWT signaling mechanism.

Best

Rubayet