Re: [STDS-802-11-TGBH] Parental control examples

Thank you both for this fast turnaround, I uploaded r1.
Modified slide 11 to add "easy to circumvent". I did not add links to methods to circumvent, as I am not sure that we want to support/promote/point to any technique on this side, but I'll definitely mention a few of them tomorrow.
I added Dan's suggestion for wording on slide 12 in the notes. For now, the text is verbatim what was in the TIG text we work from, there is definitely space for better wording, but is seems prudent to start from the previously approved text to check if the use case still makes sense (then possibly reword if the answer is 'yes but...')

Jerome

---- On Mon, 10 May 2021 16:20:00 -0400 Mark Hamilton <mark.hamilton2152@xxxxxxxxx> wrote ----

Hi, Dan,

It seems like one of these questions is really for me to answer:

  • this seems like a feature request from a product group—"we need a way to offer parental controls that is not easy to circumvent". Is this what TGbh is for?

From my read of Jerome’s deck, it seems that the answer to this question depends on the observation on slide 11 (“app-based” versus “MAC-based” partental control), and by implication perhaps on the results of the Straw Poll on slide 12.  So, I intend to withhold an opinion on how/whether we pursue this scenario in TGbh, until we have that discussion.

By the way, I liked your suggestion about searching “how to bypass parental controls”.  That was indeed pretty interesting.  I personally think it adds some color to the “app-based” versus “MAC-based” topic, as well.

Mark