Re: [802.3_B400G] Oct 2022 Session Webpage Update

Chris,

I agree with your clarifications.

-John

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 12:41 AM Chris Cole <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi JJ

Excellent comments as always.

However, equating "TX optical power" with OMA is only valid as a universal definition when comparing IMDD alternatives. When comparing to Coherent, OMA is meaningless, and AOP has to be used.

Further, "laser optical power" is not just important to cost and power considerations. It directly enters into Coherent RX sensitivity.

Chris