[802.3_OMEGA] Making progress on Multi Gigabit Optical Automotive Ethernet

Colleagues:

With the cancellation of the March Study Group meeting, we want to continue to make progress on our work.  I invite any of you that had planned to present at the March meeting, but did not request presentation time because of the meeting cancellation to still let me know of your presentation and the time you expect it would take.  Additionally, we can consider more detailed proposals for how we might meet our objectives.  For example, what rates of operation can be met with specific combinations of encoding and optical devices.  What FEC or other enhancement allow the objectives to be met.

I will call teleconference calls as needed to allow us to consider those presentations.  Teleconferences have to be called at least 10 days in advance.

Robert M. (Bob) Grow
Chair, Multi Gigabit Automotive Optical PHYs Study Group