[802.3_SPMD] List of work items

All, one of my agenda items for the upcoming first TF meeting is to compile a list of work items. The goal is to map out what topics require work and identify interested parties for this work. From this list, we can flesh out a timeline. I’ve worked offline with Peter and George and have a starter list. If you have items that need to be added, please reply to me and I will update the list. I intend to put this on a webpage in our public area for easy group access. The initial list follows:

[The thought is to list the Area (power, data, protocol, etc), the description, and the submitter]

Area

Description

Submitter

Power

Startup Sequence

Chad

Power, Mixing Segment

Topology, allow Y connections?

Chad

Power

power specifications (max voltages / power levels / max currents / loop resistances)

George

Mixing Segment

specifications (IL, RL, capacitance, etc.)

George

Mixing Segment

connector / MDI specs

George

Control layer

TSSI

George

Control layer

PLCA ID setup

George

Control layer

Other LLDP control

George

Control layer

EEE signaling

George

PHY enhancements

Reach extension / validation

George

PHY enhancements

Noise immunity / backwards compatibility (e.g., FEC)

George

PHY enhancements

Sleep/standby/EEE?

George

We know this list is not exhaustive. What did we miss?

Regards,

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3cv Task Force