From: "Piergiorgio Beruto" <piergiorgio.beruto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "STDS-802-3-SPMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <STDS-802-3-SPMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 18/3/2021 00:55:50
Subject: Straw Poll about DPLCA

Hello 802.3da,
during today's meeting I would have liked to ask for an informal straw poll but unfortunately we ran out of time.
The question is the following:

"
I support adding a method for dynamically assign PLCA node IDs in the physical layer based on the idea presented in https://www.ieee802.org/3/da/public/0321/beruto_3da_01_031021.pdf and https://www.ieee802.org/3/da/public/0321/beruto_3da_01_031721_dplca_baseline.pdf.

Pick one:
    a) Yes
    b) No
    c) I support the idea in principle, but I need more time to review the proposal
"

I kindly ask you to answer via email. Please see the instructions below.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ALL. Replies should be made directly to me (mailto:piergiorgio.beruto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx).
Please, just compile the subject as follow: [DPLCA] #option
For example: [DPLCA] #a

That would help me in collecting the results.
In case you have questions/comments/concerns on the the straw poll itself or the aforementioned presentations, please use the reflector instead (STDS-802-3-SPMD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

Kind Regards,
Piergiorgio